Sunday, November 11, 2012

Make Up




Throughout a woman's life, she tends to go through a phase where she thinks that she has to wear makeup in order to be considered beautiful. In order to do so, a part of that population believe they have to paste makeup or plaster it onto their faces in order to obtain the ultimate goal of beauty. Well I'm here to tell you, you don't have to do that. This portion of my project uses a sense of rhythm in order to emphasize this quality. Here in this video you see me in super speed first looking into the camera as if it were a mirror. There I begin to rapidly plaster makeup onto my face starting out with small details that gain momentum into bigger details such as the blackening of my eyes. After it is completely covering my face and my hair is done , the video starts to recede backwards showing the makeup basically floating off of my face. This is to emphasize the quality of women constantly painting on makeup each morning, afternoon, or night for whatever reason and ending up taking it off after they are satisfied, repeating this process day in and day out like a never ending cycle. I had also emphasized this by the contrasting colors and amount of makeup that I applied to my face as if I was a professional mime, which is how I view some women's makeup at times. At times, the proportion of the space around me grow weaker because I'm constantly moving close to the camera and then receding again to give the viewers a closer look of the chaos sprouting on my face. I only show this process once because it is effective enough to give my point. I do love makeup but not enough to apply it like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment