Friday, November 9, 2012
Hair
This was a very different concept compared to the rest of this project. I had thought about how people are constantly complimenting my hair whether I had done anything to it that morning or not. Here I took that ideal and twisted it around to give it a whole new sense and meaning. I wanted to show myself with different hairstyles to see if the viewers still think that. In order to post this question in their minds, I had placed a sign in the background to ask them the question, "Still think my hairs beautiful?" I had used perspective by showing just my head as though the camera was the mirror almost looking up to see what sort of hairstyle I have in store for it. From there I put a lot of time and effort into creating about 9 different, crazy looking hairstyles that slowly move above my head and surprise me. First off, I balanced the scene out by putting the light in the picture to balance out both sides since my sign was on the other side of me, placing myself into the middle. I also place emphasis into the picture by the many different hairstyles and the way I act. I act all goofy and "into character" every time a new hairdo is placed on my head to emphasize the crazy hairdo more and emphasize the fact that people always act and feel different when dressed up as someone else or have a different style than the day before, while in reality they are just the same person as yesterday. That is why I over-act differently to each paper wig as if I was a different person while outdoing it to show that I'm really not. Looking at the hairstyles, I use contrasting styles and colors to make them stand out along with my personalities as well as emphasizing the very characters themselves. This all comes together in unity creating the same effect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment