The Art of Mastication is simply the art of chewing with your teeth. Honestly, I have thought about the pattern of us eating day in and day out over and over and noticed how I never really think about it. It's just a habit that keeps us alive. In order to show this properly I had come up with the idea of showing just my mouth chewing and swallowing the food simultaneously up close like the lips in The Rocky Horror Picture Show. This emphasizes the pattern of our eating habits day in and day out while also showing our great need for it. I had also used scale as well as proportion in order to carry these ideas effectively which is shown through the close up of my lips, nose, food, and teeth. Along with this, I had pasted chewing and slurping sounds to the film to give the viewer an even closer picture that they probably prefer not to see. This also gives it a sense of rhythm. If you look real closely I am also eating many different things to also give the sense of it occurring multiple times a day.
These foods include:
*Carrots
*Pita chips with humus
*Black Bean Soup
*An Apple
* Rice Crispy Treats
*Froot Loops
*Bread
*Part of an Omelet
*French Fries
*Cake
*Drinking Water
*etc..
all in one sitting.
No comments:
Post a Comment