Friday, November 9, 2012

Lights





This was the hardest idea to create. In the beginning I wanted to show how we sleep constantly in order to survive but then that transferred into the thought of turning the lights on and off doing different poses each time the light came on to show how we waste power. Here I took that idea to a whole new level. Instead, I had my roommate video tape me coming home from class emphasizing how tired I am, I walk over turning off lights, yawning, and throwing my backpack to the floor in order to turn on my flash light so I can turn off my light to lay in bed and go to sleep. I forget to turn off the flashlight and it remains on while slowly, all of the other sources of lights surrounding me turn on one by one showing this very act in wasting power. It was hard to get all the lights into the frame and show how bright it kept getting so this took many takes like the hair video. But here I believe in all, it demonstrated this very idea by not only emphasizing the waste in power but by also executing it in its own perspective. This is shown through the constant movement caused by the panning of the room and the angles of me and the objects consuming the small space. The lights burn brighter in that space in order to show you that they are there even when we don't notice them. They contrast the darkness of the room giving me light instead of darkness. In the end it all balances with the different lights all showing up around me. I just stopped it there rather than turning off the lights because we waste power constantly without knowing it so it had to stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment